Red and infrared light is extremely useful for improvement in our general wellness and performance.
Red + Infrared Light Due to their effects on mitochondria, both red and infrared A (or NIR) light provide numerous benefits: 1. They increase metabolic water production. 2. They increase ATP production. 3. They increase mitochondrial melatonin production.
How can they do this? By improving efficiency in the transport of the electrons that our enzymes extract from food that we eat in the mitochondrial inner membrane. Besides, infrared light - especially in combination with UV - is capable of increasing water coherence in the whole body (EZ water), thus increasing cellular REDOX.
Coherent domains in water are capable of storing information and transmitting it to enzymes by resonance, thus calling them to action. Biochemical reactions are not, therefore, a result of a coincidental meeting of enzymes and substrates, but they respond to an order transmitted in the shape of light. It is light, not food 2 or exercise, which rules biology.
Graph: A comparison of cellular ATP synthesis under different light conditions: NIR, red, green, and blue. It can be observed how green and blue light (depending on the dose) destroy the mitochondrial ability to generate ATP, while red and infrared considerably increase ATP - and therefore, water and melatonin synthesis.
The Problem with Red + Infrared Lights
The Sun is the perfect source of red and infrared light: natural electromagnetism + no flicker in just the right dose for living species. However, artificial lamps, when properly designed, can be a great tool: not only for their metabolic benefits in their more powerful versions, but also as a way to restore part of the solar frequencies indoors, thus diminishing blue light toxicity caused by solar light filtered out by windows and unhealthy illumination.
The problem with lamps has to do with alternating current (AC) at homes, which was invented by Tesla. This induces artificial electromagnetic fields, which have been proven to be harmful to our health. As a result, the beneficial effect of these lamps is decreased.
Not only that, but alternating current causes another problem, which is flicker: a constant blinking that is invisible to the human eye, but very damaging to the brain.
EMR-TEK lamps have always been renowned for their low flicker and low electromagnetic field production. This is why our team has trusted and recommended these lamps to our big community.
Through multiple tests with professional measuring systems, we have confirmed EMR-TEK’s claim of ‘low EMF, low flicker’. However, there was still room for improvement.
Kris, the CEO of the brand, was very flexible and allowed us to collaborate in the creation of a new design, as natural and perfect as possible, where we go from ‘low’ to ‘zero’, even with the most sensitive measuring devices.
We have redesigned the electronics of EMR-TEK to improve the stability and voltage of the electric current going to the LEDs, to the point of eliminating any trace of EMF or flicker in every model.
EMR-TEK's new design has effectively increased the expected lifetime of these lamps, increased the irradiance (light power) while further decreasing EMF and flicker creating the perfect lamp with two primary goals in mind:
1. Creating a healthier indoor light environment, which
allows us to not deplete our ATP reserves and to prevent
2. Allowing a more efficient red + infrared light
therapy for any person who owns the more powerful models.
Author of: Supervivir Best seller on Amazon
References 1. https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ 1ZKl5Me4XwPj4YgJCBes3VSCJjiVO4XI0tIR0rbMBj 08/edit#gid=0
2. “The Super-Coherent State of Biological Water" written by Claudio Messori, published by Open Access Library Journal, Vol.6 No.2, 2019
3. Sommer AP, Haddad MKh, Fecht HJ. Light Effect on Water Viscosity: Implication for ATP Biosynthesis. Sci Rep. 2015 Jul 8;5:12029. doi: 10.1038/srep12029. PMID: 26154113; PMCID: PMC4495567.
4. Del Olmo-Aguado S, Núñez-Álvarez C, Osborne NN. Blue Light Action on Mitochondria Leads to Cell Death by Necroptosis. Neurochem Res. 2016 Sep;41(9):2324-35. doi: 10.1007/s11064-016-1946-5. Epub 2016 May 23.PMID: 27216620.
5. Núñez-Álvarez C, Osborne NN. Blue light exacerbates and red light counteracts negative insults to retinal ganglion cells in situ and R28 cells in vitro. Neurochem Int. 2019 May;125:187-196. doi: 10.1016/ j.neuint.2019.02.018. Epub 2019 Feb 27. PMID: 30825600.
6. Yeager RL, Oleske DA, Sanders RA, Watkins JB 3rd, Eells JT, Henshel DS. Melatonin as a principal component of red light therapy. Med Hypotheses. 2007;69(2):372-6. doi: 10.1016/j.mehy.2006.12.041. Epub 2007 Feb 23. PMID: 17321060. 5
7. Wang Y, Huang YY, Wang Y, Lyu P, Hamblin MR. Red (660 nm) or near-infrared (810 nm) photobiomodulation stimulates, while blue (415 nm), green (540 nm) light inhibits proliferation in human adipose-derived stem cells. Sci Rep. 2017 Aug 10;7(1):7781. doi: 10.1038/ s41598-017-07525-w. PMID: 28798481; PMCID: PMC5552860.